Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a defensive situation such as happened in New Orleans with roving bands of bad guys, is it better to have other houses surrounding your house fairly closely to block the goblins from getting too close to you, or is it better to have a lot of open space around your house so you can see them approaching?. I tend to believe that having lots of open space is better, not only so you can see them approaching, but because if they get too close without you seeing them, they can lob a Molotov cocktail into your house. Not that that happened in New Orleans, but it's a consideration.

Comments?

Crash

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Personally, I rather be situated on a lot with open range around me, low shrubbery, good security lighting and security laminate on all of my windows. Particulary, the security laminate, which I just priced out a $9.00/ square ft. installed.

My greatest risk living along the SC coast is a natural disaster, i.e. Hurricane.

Most mobs operate on a "group conscious" sense of security in numbers, but won't take on a high risk defender that can diminish their "posse".

Yes sir, that's why I keep the M-4 handy at home with about 6 loaded 30 round magazines.

Chris

·
Registered
105 Posts
We have a piece of property in SC too. I have half jokingly said that I am going to plant different flowers and shrubs at given distances to use as range markers. Rhododendrens at 50 yards, Crepe myrtle at 100 and so on.

DocV

·
Registered
932 Posts
I'd like a stone house with a heavy guage steel roof located on hill tall enough to command a view for several hundred yards, a thickly planted pine plantation for the first 50 yards surrounding the home, the rest I'd want mowed as smooth as a baby's behind. Please pardon my somewhat graphic description, but in a situation such as New Orleans, I suspect that any mob upon seeing their leaders heads blow up from a bullet fired from 300 plus yards, MIGHT decide to go elsewhere. Thats MY plan, anyhow.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi docv,

Not a bad plan really:

We have a piece of property in SC too. I have half jokingly said that I am going to plant different flowers and shrubs at given distances to use as range markers. Rhododendrens at 50 yards, Crepe myrtle at 100 and so on.
I live in a townhome 3 blocks from the beach and really can only figure ranges on existing obstacles.

Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts