Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I shot a friend's Smithy M66 in .357 with a 4" barrel. This was my first real sixgun shoot. I'm now hooked! After about 20 or so rounds of full power .357 I was starting to feel it, but the first dozen were smooth as butter. The gun was completely stock and pre-lock, but fitted with Hogue rubber grips.

This DEFINITELY cemented that feeling I've been having about a 3" K-frame. Now, the question is will I crack and buy a surplus 3" round butt model 10, or will I wait another couple of months and buy a surplus 3" round model 13? Or will I go stainless?

Who knows! All I know is I MUST have a 3" wheelie!

-Rob

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. Frankly, I'm not sure you can go wrong with any of the ones you mention. About the only advantage I see with the Model 13/65 3" is that you would have the option to use magnums when desired.

Best.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Hold off for the 3" round butt 13 or the same configuration in a 65. As SAC says, the choice gives you some options.

Or you could dig up a Performance Center Carry Comp 66...

Abandon hope all ye who enter here. The options are nearly endless.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Rob,

Yes, I do know the feeling and Steve is right. The option of being able to use full house magnum's does give a distinct advantage over the M-10.

That's why I bought my 3" M-65!

It took about 6 months of searching, but was worth the wait!

Chris

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'm on the hunt folks, gunshow this weekend. I'm not afraid to carry a .38 +P. I mean we trust them from our snubbies, 3" barrels can only be better! If I can find an M13 or M65 I'm all over it though.

We will see what I turn up...then it'll be time to shoot her up, and find some leather.

-Rob

G

·
It has never occured to me to take a picture of my S&W Model 66 2 1/2 " snubbie that rides under the armrest of my ride. I picked it up in a trade a long time ago, ripped it apart, tuned it up, bead blasted it, and put some camo lamo Hogue wooden grips on it!

I think these are the sweetest revolvers anyone ever made!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts