Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
My carry pistol is a Glock 19... it is also my home gun. It is first gun in my hand on the way to getting my 18" Remington 870 12 ga.

I have started carrying my Keltec P11 in my Cherokee but am looking at getting one of FM's Detective HiPowers and hoping I can hit better with it than the P11.

G

·
I would have to answer yes and no. I have severa guns that I use for protective duty in the home, but I also carry them as well. I also have long guns in the house.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I needed to vote yes for all but the last question. I have a couple dedicated house handguns, as well as a long gun, stashed in quick access containers in different parts of the house. But I also put my carry gun right by the bed with my cell and my surefire flashlight when I hit the rack.

elb

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Stephen,

I keep a Glock 23 for the House Gun, loaded with Federal Hydra Shoks next to a Surefire Flashlight and my cellphone at night.

I also have a Mossberg 500 loaded with Dove Loads for a primary defense weapon. I keep the rifles unloaded, but with Magazines filled at the ready in case my orbits carry me outside of my immediate domicile.

I like redundant systems for self-protection.

Chris

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hard to answer as I agree with ELB and legacy. I have upstairs house-guns and downstairs house-guns. I carry different ones for different situations, and when not in-holster or pocket...it's a house-gun. My non-carry "shooters" function as my office-guns.
Sorry for the "non-answer"!

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
Mr. Camp,

I have to give a "non-answer" as well. I voted "one gun" but that's not entirely true. When I'm here at Ria's (where my computer is now) I only have the Taurus 92 I carry. However, if I were to make it into a dedicated home defense weapon, it would get a 6" barrel, 20rnd magazine, night sights, and maybe a light of some sort (pros and cons here abound, but that's another thread). It's what she allows over here. She's not anti-gun but not used to them.

At home I keep a combat-rigged Mossberg 500a w/ a 7rnd mag. But the Taurus is in reach as well.

I would say my Taurus is primary backed up by whatever other weaponry I have at my disposal, whether it be shotgun, .22 rifle, or non-firearm weapon.

I used to go shotgun first, when I was single.

Josh <><

G

·
I carry an S&W 042 or a Glock G19 or a S&W 629MG or 625 depending on circumstances.

At home I use a different 625 as back up to an 18-inch, 20 gauge 870 Wingmaster.

Max

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I normally have but one handgun thats not locked up; it serves as both the carry and the house gun. I rotate between several depending on circumstances. Normal carry is a 442.

There's a 12ga Topper hanging over the bed, mainly for 4-legged vermin.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a 624 as a bedside gun. It does serve as a carry gun, but not often this time of year. The 624 is backing up a Winchester model 12.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
My bedside table gun is a Ruger stainless Speed Six 3" .38 loaded with Federal 147 +P+ Hydra Shoks. There is another gun stashed in the bathroom, another in my office, and one in the kitchen. There's also a 12 bore by the front door loaded with non lethal 00 rubber buckshot and a .22 Ruger carbine. On a rack above the door is a Winchester M94 16" .357 Magnum.

House GUNS, not GUN. ;)

·
Registered
720 Posts
My "heavy" pistols and revolvers are my house guns. A little too "heavy" for comfortable CCW but perfect for the bedside and another here at the computer.
og

·
Registered
99 Posts
BHP pistol, 870 long gun. Trouble is, I've grown fond of the Browning and don't want it confiscated as "evidence" and would like to replace it with a Glock 17. Something I feel I could rely upon equally as well with zero emotional attachment.

It's on the "to do" list, but at the bottom. Too many kids. :)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Home defense:

I live in an urban apartment.
Nightstand: cell phone

Closet/safe at foot of the bed:
Fire extinguisher
Remington 870 12-gauge, "cruiser ready," e.g. empty chamber, tube-mag loaded with Federal #1 buck. + flashlight
Glock 19 loaded with Federal 135gr. JHP

Carry: S&W J-frame, 135gr. Speer GD.

·
Registered
720 Posts
dave,
good post!!

I live on a dead end, small houses, fences, lots of dogs around, very quiet or I would consider what you have for sure.

og

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have loaded guns all over the house but I guess you could say my primary HDG is the night stand gun, guns.

It is a laser equipped Kimber Tactical Ultra and usually there's another Kimber in the night stand to.

The Tactical Ultra is my first choice for carry as well as HDG.

If I thought I needed a gun as I headed out the door I'd also grab a shotgun or preferably a rifle or AK pistol.
(all have Red Dot sights)

I live out of town.
Probably if it ever came to me having to shoot it would be outside after dark and the laser or Red Dot are in their element.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts