Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have any experiences with the HK USP or USP Tactical in 40 S&W? I am particularly interested in the recoil absorption claim regarding the second recoil spring. Plus any general comments, good or bad. I have a BHP in 40 SW but it is becoming a harsh thing as I age. Thanks all.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Does any one have any experiences with the HK USP or USP Tactical in 40 S&W? I am particularly interested in the recoil absorption claim regarding the second recoil spring. Plus any general comments, good or bad. I have a BHP in 40 SW but it is becoming a harsh thing as I age. Thanks all.
I’ve shot the USP in 40, and it is the softest shooting 40 pistol I’ve experienced. It isn’t a svelte pistol, I found the grip to be too big, but I have small hands. The trigger is good, but not great. It is a very accurate gun.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Plus any general comments, good or bad.
I have no first hand experience with the USP other than handling them.

The thing that always crosses my mind is a concern for the polymer mags used in the full size USP 9 and 40.

They may be great mags, and HK has an excellent reputation for making great mags. However, the HK USP .45 Auto model came with steel mags, the Compact versions of the USP's came with steel mags, and all subsequent HK pistols have come with steel mags. I think if HK thought the polymer mags were a good idea, they would have used them in another model, but they didn't. Those mags are quite pricey, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts