Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why: I'm a hobbyists gunsmith, a weekend warrior type. I've built a few 1911s, ARs, Bolt actions, and id consider myself an expert in the Browning A5. But there is one gun I always wanted to built up into an excellent duty/ccw weapon, the Hi Power. So I acquired an imported FN from the 60s. It has lots of slop in the slide to frame fit and some beautiful wear. Trigger is garbage, controls are "meh". All stuff that can be over looked. But my particular example displays a terminal wound. Poor thing had a crack in the slide going all the way around below the ejection port.

What I'm Asking: What slides would be compatible with my gun if any besides finding one of the same model? Slides are already hard to come by so I'm not particularly picky to specific models. I just want my gun to be safe.
Air gun Everyday carry Gun accessory Trigger Wood

Air gun Wood Everyday carry Gun accessory Gun barrel

·
Registered
49 Posts
aboy, I don't claim to be an authority, but have owned a number of FN/Browning Hi Powers since the '60s. Just out of curiosity, I have sometimes tried different slide/frame combinations. I didn't fire them all, but in dry firing, checking for disconnector function, etc., all seemed to function just as they did with the original slides and frames. I believe I could have safely fired the different combinations of slides and frames I put together, but never got around to taking to the range.....YMMV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts