Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody have any experience with these and could you tell me about reliability and life expectancy? anything would be appreciated :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Matt-
I cant speak for their pistols asides from handling a few.
I had a 9mm carbine (pretty close, if not, the first one in my county) and I really enjoyed it.
Its construction is pretty much the same as the pistols, but with a longer barrel, a buttstock, and a stamped steel shroud covering the action. The things that impressed me the most were the reliability and the accuracy.
I could load it with 10 different bullet weights and profiles, and it would feed, eject and cycle flawlessly, while grouping everything into a target the size of a softball.
I bought it NIB for the price of $145, out the door.

Their pistols are heavy and tough from what I hear. I'd always wanted to get one of the 9mm "Comp" models to mess around with.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Matt - I have a HI-point 9mm; it is a solid performer. It won't win any beauty contests, but it shoots whatever I put in it.

It is accurate enough for home defense and plinking; not a "target" gun but shoots 3" groups at 25 yards from a rest.

It makes a good nightstand gun; a little heavy and bulky for concealed carry, but you could if you wanted....

I like mine; it was inexpensive as opposed to cheap.

CB

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Built like a brick, ugly as a mud fence but they flat work. Not my choice to own but it would do in a pinch. We never see them back once they leave the store.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I've got a 9mm that I got to see if they were as bad as "everyone" on the internet says they are. That was about 1200 rounds ago. In that 1200 rounds I've had two (2) jams. I have never really cleaned it, simply swab the barrel and clean around the ejection port with a Q-tip and some solvent. Squirt in a couple of drops of Break-Free, and it just keeps shooting.

It is one of the most dependable, and accurate pistols I've ever shot. I shot this group with it, 12/26/05, with American Ealge, 115 gr FMJ ammo, 7 yards. I don't know how many rounds it was. 40? 50? Something like that.

The gun will shoot

Regarding the 380. I looked at both, and didn't see any advantage to the 380. The two guns are the same size, and ammo for the 9mm is so much cheaper that is will quickly offset the extra cost if any of the 9mm.

Visit the Hi-Point forum.
http://hipoint.7.forumer.com/

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
We never see them back once they leave the store.
That pretty much says it all. Local shop that carried them said the same thing.

Not my cuppa but they do seem to work 100% OOTB.

Regards,

Pat

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yugo of guns! I bought the 45, shot a box of shell through it.It did what was suppose to
just did not look good doing it.I gave it to my father he's yet to shoot it.I am getting to
piont in my life where I want quality not quanity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts