Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I shot the PSP this morning. It's gonna be a while before I get to the rifle range to shoot the .41.
The PSP did fine. It's in a lot better condition than my P7M8 (the PSP is a "grade B" trade-in). I only shot 35 rounds as I got tired of reloading the one mag I have for it: four mag-fulls and the last three rounds of Federal 9BPLE I had. I was really out there to shoot something else anyway, but tossed it in.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Brother Barry: You are a lucky man to have the 41 Magnum Marlin and you can blame me for it as I am crazy about my S&W Model 58. Everyone should have a 41 but to return to the P7, once you nail down mags and other accessorise, I think you are gonna like it for carry. I have always found them to be excellently accurate and reliable with anything you can stuff in it! I also do not believe that the heel release is a real liability in most situations. Besides, the mags are too dear to step on!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Oh, I have few doubts that I'll like it for carry. I like carrying the M8, and have thought a PSP for the left side would be neat. Maybe now I'll find out.

As heel mag releases go, I like the way HK made these so it pulls down and forward to release, rather than pulling the release rearward. It just feels more natural and quick.

I've heard more than one person say they preferred the PSP over the M8 just for the heel mag catch. Their reasoning is that the M8 mag catch is too easily released. I can see that point, but I haven't had it happen with my M8.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.