Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Twoguns - I think they added the heat shielding when they revised it to the P7 from the PSP which had a butt release for the mag. The first one I ever shot was a PSP and would get hot as a $2 pistol. And, in my experience, you either love 'em or not. I have a friend in the Marshal's Service and he can make them malfunction faster than any man I ever saw due to the construction of his hand. However, in my experience, they are reliable and accurate. The gun is a bit light in the muzzle for me but I have seen good work done with them in competition. When I was a FLETC, I noted the US Park Police had them standard. Only costs a little more to go first class - you should have seen the duty rig! Beautimus.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Brother Barry: You are a lucky man to have the 41 Magnum Marlin and you can blame me for it as I am crazy about my S&W Model 58. Everyone should have a 41 but to return to the P7, once you nail down mags and other accessorise, I think you are gonna like it for carry. I have always found them to be excellently accurate and reliable with anything you can stuff in it! I also do not believe that the heel release is a real liability in most situations. Besides, the mags are too dear to step on!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.