Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A client paid me today two years after I had written him off.

Not wanting to waste this windfall I've decided to get what I need for testing my handguns from a rest so I can really know more about the gun and my shooting skills and/or lack of.

It doesn't have to be something like the Ransom model, maybe just good leather bags, but I'm open to suggestions as to what is used and just as important, the methods you use for testing from a rest.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
For shooting handguns, I use a couple of sandbags - maybe with a rolled towel over them. Technique is pretty important, though (keep the gun off the rest, keep your wrists on the rest, breathe correctly (and think about your heartbeat if you're really into it), think "front sight, front sight, front sight" instead of "trigger, trigger, trigger," etc.).

I've never gotten results as good as those from a Ransom Rest, but then Ransoms (available through Brownells, if you want one) are expen$ive and require new inserts for each gun you want to shoot in them.

If you want a mechanical rest/robot pistoleer (apologies to Dean Grennell, MHRIP), Ransom seems to be the one to buy. They're in the mid-$400s:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/productdetail.aspx?p=4929

1 - 2 of 2 Posts