Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This last weekend, we had our annual gun show here in Lausanne. It is an event for shooters and curious people as about 100 dealers are there. About 10'000 visitors, a table of the cantonal police where you can get a licence immediately and so on.

But it turned bad for me that time. First I couldn't visit on Friday, the first day with the lowest affluence and best opportunities, because my wife was out for work and I got the kids on the back.

So I went on Saturday morning and did my usual "observation tour". Looked at some magazines and books , at some surplus (looking for a K31 cleaning set), saw some interesting things:
- a Walther P5 compact for 800 francs (600 $), I was eagerly searching for a few years ago (now I have a normal)
- a Colt 1902 auto for 4990 francs (not for me!)
- 2 Colts 1903 .32 for about 1000 francs each (ouch!)
- 1 Lee-Enfield No 2 Mark 4 T for 1650 francs with scope and leather caps, but no sling (I have one)
- 1 S&W M65 3" for 600 francs
- German police SIG P225 for 390 francs (they are back!)
- Some very nice Browning 1910 .32 between 250 and 450 francs
- etc.

There were a lot of other things, the habitual Lugers, Mausers, Radoms, German police pistols in .32 (Walthers, Sauer & Sohns, Mausers, Ortgies...), long guns (semi-auto Kalashs, M16s, K31s, Mausers, a few M1 Carbines), surplus and so on.

On the tough tour, I bought a swiss army leather purse with a "Pist." alu plate. A nice little gadget I never saw in service. Heard that they use them now for ammo.

Then I put 100 francs on a Colt 1903 to reserve it - I didn't had time to spent by the crowded police table. It goes for 250 francs, with a very weared finish (10%!) and nice traces of blue on the trigger, but in sound mecanical condition... Number is 144xxx (1913) and my FN Browning 1903 will have a little brother in a couple of weeks.

Then I realised I had a message on the handy, and heard the furious tone of my wife. For some reasons, she was on summer time and waiting for me for half an hour already. With one gun on the wait list, it was not the right time to make her wild! So I turned back and will order the mags on the net and buy the surplus things at the arsenal.

Except for the Colt 1903, I will forget as soon as possible about that gun show edition...

Bye.

L.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

Congradulations on your new aquisition of the Colt 1903 to your collection of fine firearms!

It will make a wonderful companion to your FN 1903 and, hopefully, your wife will understand!

It is very interesting to hear what firearms are available in the European Market for purchase.

I am often found wanting of too many "new" firearms when I go to a gunshow and forget about the "treasures" (older firearms) that I yearn to collect from the past.

I envy your astute purchasing knowlege and skill.

Chris

G

·
The handgun prices look to run approximately what they do over here.

Near-mint Colt M1903's are around $600 here now.

I don't think you would find a SIG P225 at under $300 though, unless it was really beat.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Laurent,

Actually the prices do seem a bit higher after perusing some of the Gun Auction Web sites here. However, Laurent you do have access to some handguns that are rarer here in the US.

SOG has used SIG German P225's for $389.00 not including shipping and transfer fees this month. Might be the first and last opportunity for me to buy one.

(I wonder what my wife will say......)

Chris

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were also a lot of spanish Ruby, Star, Astra, french Unique, MAB, MAC, MAS and more obscure 7,65. The Tokarev and Nagant become scarce - before the next cargo load? Generally, surplus - especially rifles - are drying slowly after years of abundance. You don't see much K98, or french MAS 49/56 or Berthier carbines that were plenty ealier.

In these conditions, it is all to tempting to pick the pieces when they appear.

L.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

I almost got one tonight!

While at the dealer, I spied a earlySauer and Sohn in .32 ACP sitting in the display case tagged at a "ridicuosly" low price. The grips were in good shape and the metal had that lovely aged patina to it!

I asked my sales friend to show it to me and he grabbed it from the case saying he had put in the "back room" to buy for himself. While he was "off" from work yesterday, another clerk had put it back on display!

I am going to have to convince him that he really needs to sell it to me!!!!

Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hey Larry
I wouldn't think of it as a gun show goes bad , At least you
got to go. I had to miss the last one here in my city cus
I had to much going on. :'(
To make a long story short I'm glad you went congrats on the
new toy.

Gil..

G

·
Yes, the little Sauer and Sohn autos (the Model 1913, I think it is) are a pre-war classic. They were actually German military issue during WWI.

Enjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts