Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the gun budget has gone for a Burris XTS-135 speed-dot sight for my pistol-carbine. Meanwhile the price of gas and cartridges is high.
So I'm leaving a gunshow laden with bulk 9mm and .38 ammo and some other stuff when I see a previously overlooked S&W M12 Airweight K-frame 2" revolver! It had the flat cylinder latch, and was in absolutely pristine condition. The gent who it belonged to persuasively posited that it had been bought, loaded, and left hermetically sealed in somebody's sock drawer for decades. I frankly had never seen a lightweight K-frame before. It was 425, and as the owner watched me drop everything and handle it, he seemed amenable to me haggling him down on the price. Alas, I had to leave with just my ammo, since there is no way the budget can accomodate a new (old) snub-nose revolver. Frustration!

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello,

That is indeed a nice story and it is unfortunate that you weren't able to buy the nice S&W.

Old gun collector's saying: "Ya can't own'em all"
Yes Alan, but I keep on trying.

Chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
That's why I like plastic. The wife goes through the roof when I get back and show her the bill. After about an hour she's calm again and everybody is happy. Time it just takes time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts