Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy folks,

Guess who won the 1rst place Standard division B category this weekend at the local IPSC competition.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Ummmm
Welllllll
Uhhhhhh

I don't know.

Oh, wait? Were you there?
Was it you?

Congratulations!

I never can tell how I'm gonna place in IDPA or IPSC. I'll think I absolutely butchered one stage then sailed through another. Then the results come, and I placed well in my bad stage, and bad in my good one. I use my carry gun and gear, carry it concealed, reload behind cover, etc in either type of match, so I usually place higher in IDPA than IPSC, but I'm still clueless until the results come.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Iagbarrb,

Congradulations my friend, I am grinning like the cat who swallowed the canary now. I expected to hear you say this one day, just not so quickly. I think competing in the nationals recently really did give you some valuable experience and confidence both in your pistol and the man using it (tips my hat).

It reminds me a bit of the first time I ever shot a perfect qualification target at work. I had worked the midnight shift, was very tired,. Yet I still had to run the range, shoot, then get some sleep and come back to midnights that evening. When it was time for me to shoot I really did not care, I just wanted to put my rounds downrange.

Maybe it was the lack of self-pressure or high expectations that helped me. But I was grinning then much like I am now. I found it far easier to do it often after getting over that first mental hurdle too. So hopefully this will only be the first of many first place finishes for you my friend.

I know this type of shooting is very new to you sir, and I think it shows how hard you have worked to improve your performance. Congradulations again my friend, and many more first and high finishes are my wishes for you now.

twoguns

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have to tell again that this forum is a real firing school for me.

Please keep teaching all of us that are learning.

Congratulations to everyone in the forum. You are douing a good job. This small victory is a forums victory.

Dedicated to all of you guys. And thanks for your lessons. Think you are not only discussing about guns. A lot of members are learning from all what you tell.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I used a Bul G Cherokee FS. 9 mm 124 grain factory bullets.

You can see pictures of the gun in this forum in General Semiautos, Bul Cherokee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts