Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Fellows,

Mr. Camp, Mr. Sample, Chris (I feel I know Chris on a more personal level), and all you guys and maybe gals out there "shoot" some help this way. Assuming my Caspian built holds up to around 500 rounds of test firing, I am going to take Mr. Camp's suggestion and have it hard chromed at Trippresearch I think it is.

Now here is the question. I want it to be sort of unique. I have two sets of grips on hand, but I would like to get something that sort of matches the hard chrome color. Maybe a smoky off color silver, or something of that nature.

I can't even find anything close on the Internet that match's what I might want. I am OPEN for suggestions. Give me some ideas and Internet sites, or what ever.

Thanks in advance.

Bert

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Chris and Mr. Lee. Wow! Those Buffalo Horn grips sure catch my eye. I bet they would look out of this world on a hard chromed pistol.

Bert

·
Registered
430 Posts
A friend of mine who is a knifemaker by trade, Larry Davidson, also makes grips for 1911 style pistols. He makes his from synthetic materials like G10 or Micarta. They're extremely strong, unique, and you can definitely get them in a gray/smoke color.

http://davidsonknives.com/grips/grips.htm

I have a set of Larry's grips on my 1911...and you can see them by clicking the thumbnail below:

-Rob

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you sir. I truly appreciate your response to my question. However, I settled on the Buffalo Horn grips and ordered this morning.

Question: Tell me how you did the thumbnail photo? One of these days I am going to master my camera and start posting a lot of pictures. I like the thumbnail concept. Viewers can just click on the one they want to see.

Thanks in adance.

Bert

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's pretty simple. I use imageshack.us to hose my images and they automatically provide a thumbnail link for forum usage. No tricks, just upload your digital images and viola. It's great for those of us digitally-illeterate.

Hope you enjoy the buffalo grips!

-Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts