Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess we'll know who this is from the first post it generates!

My question specifically concerns a round butt K-frame. I currently have a old set of Pachmary RB Compacs on my 65. I've found that these cause me to point a bit uphill. Does anyone know of any grip design that will not cause to barrel to point up? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
HA! You'll find out who the insomniacs are, anyways.

Might look for a set of Compac Professionals to try. The backstrap is exposed on them.

If you can find a set of Uncle Mikes Boot Grips for a RB K frame I WANT THEM!!
(I have a set on my 2" M10 and like them OK.) Or you can order a set of real Spegels from Novaks.

I've not tried using a Tyler Grip adapter with Magnas on a round butt, as it takes a slightly different adapter as a square butt and I don't have one. Another thing to try.

Hogue has some but I've never held them.

Those are pretty much the options.

Regards,

Patzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I'm no guru, but I solved that issue for me. I had the same pointing issues. I just got a set of S&W factory wood combat finger groove grips for my model 19 2" RB. I've never felt anything better. Now it points where I want it. I had the Hogue wood grips, but they are too big for a snubbie, in my opinion.
And, the factory grips look great.
Good luck!

·
Registered
645 Posts
+1 with Hoot, and I'm no guru either, but I put a set of RB S&W Combat stocks on my M13-3 and it solved my problems, I had a set of Uncle Mikes rubber finger grips, but I much prefer the S&W Combat's.

papabear

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Here are three different grips. all came from Smith&Wesson. finger grove (66), Altamont(586), and Jerry Miculek(620). These grips all fit K or L frame round butt.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My absolute favorite KFrame round butt stocks are the Hide Out grips from Brownells made by Precision Grip Specialties. I only wish they made something similar for the square butt. I also like the Miculeks but they are not for concealed carry and I think could use a bit of checkering or stippling.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts