Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an FN HP SFS (Mark III) that comes with plastic grips. I would appreciate recommendations regarding replacement grips. The plastic grips are thin so that is not the problem. They are slippery and not attractive.
Thanks
Willow.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there Willow,

My current carry HP wears the now discontinued Butler Creek Grip Panels that are patterned after Spegal Grips. Should you wander onto a pair, grab them!

My second choice that I may be purchasing soon is the Navidrex Micarta Grips offered through Brownell's. There are others that favor them.

For wood, I would suggest Spegal rosewood grips offered through www.Cylinder-Slide.com.

Hogue also offers wood grips at a reasonable price as well.

Chris

G

·
I have three Hi Powers and they all wear the rubber Butler Creek/Uncle Mike's grips (like Chris mentioned).

I've tried other grips like the Navidrex Dymondwood and while they are very pretty, I prefer the feel/security of the Butler Creeks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand Butler Creek was purchased by Uncle Mike's. Does this mean I can get the grips from Uncle Mike's?
Willow

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi Willow,

Sadly not. We all lament the passing of the Butler Creek HP grip panels.

(I even called Charles Daly to see if they would sell me a set like they are stocking on their HP's!!!!)

Chris

G

·
That's true (what Chris said), however I see them from time-to-time in the "classifieds" section of the various gun boards as well as e-bay. If you actively look for them, you'll probably score a set within a few days... I did.

G

·
Pachmayr Signature model rubber grips. As they go all the way around the grip, they give a good, solid surface to hold on to. Work really well when your hands are wet, as will happen when you are high on adrenaline.

G

·
I'm worried that Uncle Mike's is going under as well as Butler Creek. On their webpage the email in the contact section no longer works.

G

·
For inexpensive grips there's a company that sells on Ebay with lots of wood grips for Hipowers. I picked up a set of kingwood grips for $14. They fit perfects and are very comfortable, as well as being very attractive. I had a set of their coco bolo grips that got broken but they were also very nice. Not the fanciest wood, but they fit and the price is very attractive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts