Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ask the "gravitationally impaired" among us if and how you carry a revolver.

My first handgun was a S&W Model 10 snubnose. I am hankerin' for a revolver again. Leaning toward a Ruger SP101 in .357 Magnum, can't decide how to carry and which barrel length.

I welcome all comments and pictures of guns & holsters that you carry.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I refer to my front cantilever as my Natural Organic Storage Capacity and when I carry a J Frame I carry it in a pocket holster. However, my rear dunlap over my right rear hip is not too large for a belt holster. I personally prefer a 3" revolver for CCW. I just don't own any.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I carry my 638 in a pocket holster by Bob Mika. I also have a Model 60 and a Don Hume paddle holster, but I don't carry it too often. It does make a very nice looking rig, however. The Hume is one of the most attractive holsters I own.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I carry a Ruger SP101, 3inch, in a Don Hume IWH and flat love it.I to am one of the "impaired" and find this rig hides well. Doug

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Whilst I have a few others to choose from <koff><koff> I find the 342 Ti Airlite in my pocket more and more. Its light enough that I can pop it into a tshirt pocket for a quick trip to the car or something.

Two holsters I find myself actually using occasionally are a Don Hume JIT slide and a Hume paddle thats stamped HT20-OT 3-2 (I suspect its a typo for a 720OT) for J frames. In the main, pocket carry works for me.

Regards,

Pat

·
Registered
399 Posts
I carried a SP 101 in a IWB Galco with a J-hook on it. The SP 101(27oz) is heavy for a snubnose and you need a good belt with it. I carry a S&W M-36(20oz) in a Don Hume belt slider most of the time anymore. Just remember mroe barrel/bullets = more weight. I got a Ruger Speed-Six with 23/4" barrel I am practing with right now. That gun is 34oz's plus.

Best,Baldy

·
Registered
205 Posts
newsflash,

Let me recommend the Tucker Heritage IWB Holster. I have several and one for my SP-101. I too suffer from the dunlap disease, as in my belly dunlapped over my belt. I can carry it very comfortably and draw & reholster without any problems.

tex

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've been carrying my S&W M649 38spl in a Blawkhawk Speed Classic Holster for about a week now around the house. No CC in IL. With a large T shirt and Bantam grips my Dunlap helps hide the gun. The only issue I have with the holster is when I reholster. The Speed Classic has a heavy duty elastic band on the front at the top of the holster that is still very tight. I assume it will break in as I wear it. But as for now it holds the gun very nicely and I feel it was money well spent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a weakness for 2in K frames. I am an outspoken fan of origional Roy Baker Pancakes. The carry angle, and ride hight is superior to most of the newer "interpetations" But alas after all these decades they are getting scarce, and valuable to holster collectors. The El Paso #77 comes closest to reproducing angle & ride, but in a two slot only, and stiffer leather. Specifically for 2 in K fr have DeSantis version w/ covered trigger gaurd. It rides ok in 2 in version, but can't speak generally for other combos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts