Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gift of Fear, Gavin De Becker. Excellent book, easily readable on how the mind and body pick-up fear and how to use it to one's advantage. Should help determine when one is"really in fear of losing one's life".

On Killing-The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, Lt. Col Dave Grossman. An eye-opening book on killing. It destroys many myths about combat deaths, and the cost of killing to the killer. Very applicable to military, cops, those who carry a firearm for self defense, or anyone who may make a decision to take a life. Veterans in particular should read this book.

I put this book up with Massas Ayoob's In the Gravest Extreme as required reading before someone thinks they can take a life.

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
321 Posts
Another good book-

The new "NRA Firearms Sourcebook" - billed as "Your Ultimate Guide to Guns, Ballistics and Shooting" this is more of a reference work but should have something for everybody. I can see myself refering to it often on technical details.

And, of course, you are helping to support a great cause when you buy the book, which at over 500 pages goes for around $35 on the NRA website!

PGM

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've found alot of interesting older books and manuels at ww. Cornellpublications.com, Or www.abbeybooks.com. She has many items to choose from and is always on the look out for more books to copy. She'll trade you too. She'll copy your book and let you HAVE a copy of one of hers for doing so.

G

·
Hey I have a good book for you all:
Unintended Consequences by John Ross, I hear it scared the Poo outta the ATF!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.