Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got these from the factory. Even with straight blowback operation they shot real smooth. Notice the European style mag releases, they feel really good too.

Glock 28, sorry for the crappy pic

1 Glock 25 and 2 Glock 28s Again, sorry for the crappy pic

Glock 25, this one came out ok

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there operationiceberg,

Very nice. European Glocks do look quite well stocked in Belgium!

When I visited a gunshop in Lucerne Switzerland in June, they had many Glock Models on display.

The one I wanted to see was the G-18! Unfortunately, none were on display.

Chris

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hello Chris,

Even in "free Switzerland", it is difficult to find a G18. You need a special collector permit for full autos. I saw once in a range a G17 with the special rear slide plate to shoot full auto. Asked for the demo but the owner was reluctant. The range owner too!!!

Bye.

L.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Estimber,Chris is right, I'm in Belgium. Hey Chris, I've shot so many Glock 18s over here I think I'm being desensitized. Not! I wish all of you guys could experience what it's like over here. Laws are changing over here, it won't last much longer.
It's not just about the guns over here. I don't know how many of you are into militaria but Belgium has an unbelievable selection, of course being in the path of and occupied by the third reich could have that effect. If anyone is interested in some pics of an awesome private collection let me know maybe I can post them in the General Firearms forum? This private collector has alot of amazing items. I think I have pictures of a quarter of his collection.

G

·
I've always wondered if there was anywhere in Europe that still had anything approaching reasonable firearms ownership laws. I hope to get a chance to be stationed in Europe on my next assignment. I gather from these posts that Belgium and Switzerland allow civilians to own firearms? Anywhere else?

·
Registered
720 Posts
op-iceberg, very interesting info.

Please tell us more about those .380's...barrel length, overall size, weight.

Just so we can compare with USA .380's that are available here.

og

·
Registered
392 Posts
"Notice the European style mag releases, they feel really good too."

from those pix, they look like American magazine releases.......

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
OG, the 28s are the same size as the G26/27/33, etc. Weight is probably about the same as the 26s (check the Glock FAQ), but the blowback action may alter it somewhat.

The 25s are G19-sized, I believe.

G

·
My wife would love one of those.

She's 4'11, red head who loves Glocks and HP's, however she has a little trouble with HP's due to the weight and her hand size.

op-iceberg,
Yes! Please post Lott's of pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
USAFHandgunner,

There are no European countries with anything approaching "reasonable" firearms ownership laws. As an American citizen and a member of the US Air Force your best bet is Belgium. But even Belgium has wierd gun laws. Good luck.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OldGranpa,
If you go to www.glock.com you can look up the specs straight from the horses mouth. The only difference between the G25/G28 and the G19/G26 is the chamber size and the G25/G28 has the front quarter inch of the chamber hood cut off at a 45 degree angle so the chamber hood and slide can't lock.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jerry,
If you compare the pics to any standard Glock you will see the difference. The European mag release is twice as wide and rounded off.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Jerry,

Sorry for the confusion. I didn't even think about that. Your totally right about the "European" mag release being a heel clip. Thanks Jerry.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts