Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned in another post that my Hi-Point C-9, 9mm came with a "ghost ringt" rear sight, in addition to the regular sight. I put it on my gun a couple of days ago, and took it to the range today. After about 10 shots to get it shooting where I was looking, I fired 35 shots, all of which hit in the 8,9,10 ring, at seven yards, most in the 9,10. I let my wife take the last 5 shots out of the box of Blazer Brass we had with us, and she shot a group on her target that you could have covered with a silver dollar.

I was pretty impressed with the sight after one shooting. It's fast to pick up, and your eye really doesn't see the ring, you just look through it and see the front sight on the target. How they'll do at longer ranges I don't know, but I know they were a lot easier for my old eyes to pick up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting. I have had my Hi-point for years and neverr tried the ghost ring rear sight.

Looks like I'll have to give it a shot, just to try. I shoot decent groups with it now, but tighter is better.

Especially when I can show up someone critical of my "junk" gun . . . .

Now I have another reason to go out shooting. Thanks for the post!

CB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts