Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thor,

What are the changes in procedures for the permit process though the DHS?

I renewed mine here in SC in 2004 and it is valid through 2010, but there were no changes in the procedurers except that it was even easier than previously as the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division stream lined the renewal procedure.

I am waiting/hoping for the National CCW permit to become a reality soon and that probably will involve the DHS/DOT (department of treasury).

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi thor,

It is a distinct possibility that the county bureaucracy is doing just that. Our CWP permits are state legislated and uniform throughout the state, i.e. training fee, application fee and renewal fee.

Chris

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi thor and Chris,

"Our CWP permits are state legislated and uniform throughout the state, i.e. training fee, application fee and renewal fee."

Our permits are the same as Chris stated in Texas except the training fee is set by the instructor. I am getting my permit for the second time this Saturday - let the old one expire for 6 years. State fee is $70 (half price-I'm over 60), and the instructor fee is $115. We go through the whole bit, fingerprints, written test, and firing test, all state legislated.

Edit: Oh, we go through the state and federal clearence bit too.

Bert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts