Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wandered in to the local Gander Mountain today for a quick look around. And spotted a nice looking S&W Model 19-3 .357 Combat Magnum. Four inch barrel, blue finish, pinned and recessed, TH, TT, and TG. Plain blue sights.

Looked it over and it passed inspection. Decided to rescue it and now it is on my workbench awaiting a good cleaning. Looked up the serial number and it dates to 1972. Doesn't appear to be an ex LE service revolver. Not enough blueing wear in the right places to suggest it was carried in a holster for any extended period of time.

Anyway, this is the first used S&W revolver I've purchased in several years. I saw a few other nice looking older S&W revolvers, but they were just too high priced for me. $500 for a three inch blue round but Model 10 seems about $150 too high to me.

Roadster

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Right on! I got one yesterday at a pawn shop: a 98% S&W Model 14-3 .38 Spl from 1969. I've always liked the Model 14s and the way the long barrels just hang on target for me.

It's a lovely gun, and I look forward to using it for a long time. :) Hope yours suits you as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts