Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this Taurus Tracker .357 walked into the shop yesterday and I just had to take it to the range. Let me tell ya, for a Titanium gun this thing is NICE. And it is a seven shooter too boot, wish I'd a had it in my revolver toting days on the S.O..

Only shot it at fifteen yards and managed to keep 7 shot strings in 4" groups each time with both .38 S&B FMJFP's and .357 PMC 158 JSP's. The .357's hit about 3/4" below POA at that range and the .38's were dead on, this with the sights set as the previous owner had them. I am pleased at my $250.00 lightweight to say the very least. It is even lighter than my 4" Colt Cobra but does not sting or rap my second knuckle with the magnum loads, of course that has much to do with the "Ribber" grips and the 4 ports on each side of the muzzel, and I am not a fan of ported guns. I do believe I have a new woods buddy with the nifty neat cross draw holster! That old 29 of mine is getting purty heavy fer this old cripple. :(

·
Registered
321 Posts
T Lee,

It is tough to beat a nice looking, straight shooting gun for $250 these days. Congrats!

PGM

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was there when the boss took it in, I about dropped my teeth when he said I could have it for that. 'Course it was all dirty and the ejector rod spring was gone. Took me all of 20 minutes to clean it up and cut a new spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, riiiight. You "forgot" to mention how you were waving a box of fresh ammo under the poor thing's muzzle the whole time...what's a homeless, starving, neglected revolver to do?

I hope you realize that now it's your responsibility to keep it very well fed and clean.

Enjoy!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trust me Sir, LOVEINGLY fed, groomed and bedded down when not in use. And to think I used to hate Titainium guns, shame upon me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T LEE, you're a better man than I. I do have some alloy guns, but I can't bring myself to buy the exotic stuff, when there's still so much good steel out there. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I have carried Colt Cobra's since the mid 60's, but it still was a leap of faith to ti. It is lighter than my 4" Cobra!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts