Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collectors' Firearms has an FN revolver for sale, .357 magnum (colloectortsfirearms.com). Anybody else ever seen one?

Max

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Wilson sisters voice: Ooooooh . . . Barracuda!

This "FN" product is actually made by Astra, if I recall correctly. They were also available in 9x19. Pretty nice guns - not many of them imported.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not in the market for it. But it struck me as unusual. Aside from Nagants, Webleys and the French brand whose name I suddenly can't recall (great. Now it's on the tip of my tomgue andf I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night remembering it!) I haven't seen many Euro revolvers.

Max

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello from Belgium. Talked to a few FN collectors and FN employees about this and the Barracuda is an Astra design licensed to FN and made in Belgium at the Herstal plant. Took me a while but I finally found a 9mm cylinder. Everyone said it would be hard but if they thought it would be hard to find the 9mm cylinder they haven't tried finding the moon clips for it!

FN Barracuda right side

FN Barracuda disassembled with .357/.38spl and 9mm cylinders

.357/38spl and 9mm (top) cylinders

FN Barracuda w/9mm cylinder

Cuda with both cylinders and all 3 types of ammo

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sorry, forgot to tell you about how I think it feels and shoots. If you've shot another medium sized 357 or 38spl than you know how this shoots. I still can't find any 9mm moon clips for this so I don't know how that feels. The grips are as slippery as any I've tried. I'll definitely have to switch them out or modify them. Other than that what can I tell you? Hope I've helped.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Wow! Operationiceberg, thanks for the great information (clarifying the Astra/FN relationship vis-a-vis these revolvers once and for all!
) and the terrific pictures!

Great post! Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree. Thank you, Iceberg. It's amazing what you can find out here at this site.

I can't tell whether you are in the U.S. or not. If you are, you might contact Ranch Products and see if they know of someone who might make moonclips for it. Alternatively, one of the shops advertised on their site might be able to machine the cylinder so it will take another brand of clip.

www.ranchproducts.com

Max

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. Thank you, Iceberg. It's amazing what you can find out here at this site.

I can't tell whether you are in the U.S. or not. If you are, you might contact Ranch Products and see if they know of someone who might make moonclips for it. Alternatively, one of the shops advertised on their site might be able to machine the cylinder so it will take another brand of clip.

www.ranchproducts.com

Max

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been working in Belgium for the past 3 years. Unfortunately I'll be moving to the U.K. real soon. I'll miss Belgium, If you get a chance come visit one of the last places in the world where you can own any type of firearm. Hope the U.K. Isn't as bad as I hear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd give an S&W 38 super Lframe moon clip a try. Ruger made a Security 6 in 9mm I would assume it uses moon clips you may be able to find. Think the websight is moonclips.com or something like that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts