Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about buying a FN P-9 9mm, but I haven't found much info about it. Can anyone tell me where to find some info? does somebody has one of these? Is it reliable? Is it accurate? Is it durable? How is it compared to Walther P-99, HK USP-C or CZ P-01? (those are other options i'm considering). Main use would be range shooting. Already have a Walther P-5C to CCW. Some comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought one about 2 months ago (FN P9). Great shooting gun, it came with three 16+1 magazines. Basically I got tired of waiting for the Beretta PX4. I have no regrets about the FN. Feels good in the hand and shoots great.

Price was ideal. on sale BNIB $395.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have not had any kind of rust problems, but then again being ex-military I clean and oil my handguns after each range session.

I have started to use Tetra Gun in my handguns and seems to work good.

Go to their website, to see the specifics on the FN P-9. By the way the Browning Pro-9 is basically the same weapon but more expensive.

FN is a good manufacturer with good reputation. The P9 doesn't seem to be readily available but like I have said, a great shooting gun.

http://www.fnmfg.com/products/fnp9/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked the FN page, it doesn't say much info, dimensions already I knew. I would like to know if it has Tennifer metal treatment like glocks, HK and Walthers do. If it passed some class of torture or endurance test. And most important of all: your experiences with it.
Only thing bad i have heard is that it rust quite easily, but I have a Walther P-5C that is only blued and I keep it lightly oiled so no rust problems so it isn't much of concern to me. But what keeps me worried is that when everybody talks about the wonderful polymer guns they mention Glocks, HKs, Walthers, Berettas, SWs, XDs, even Steyrs but no FN P9! I had the FN in my hands ind it is very confortable, has quite good trigger, and the finnish looks very good. The clerk at the store couldn't give me much info, and they don't have a range so I couldn't test it. Some comments plz.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I oil the FN p-9 the same way I oil my Beretta 92FS, SIG 239, Kahr PM9, Para 1911 single stack, Beretta CX4 Storm and the Ruger Mark II.

Then again, most any gun will rust if not treated accordingly, even the Glocks after torture test. The problem with the FN might be that it has not become popular in the USA (except for the Browning High Power) and is not carried by a lot of stores. Even online stores are not stoking them yet.

My understanding is that the FN P-9 was developed for the military market in Europe so that should tell you something. The link below from AR15.com has some comments.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=36&t=13186&page=3

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

I haven't shot, but handled one at the Bass Pro Shop here in Myrtle Beach.

The price points seem about right for the product, i.e. <$500.00 and they seem to be pushing them quite a bit.

My interest was lagging as I opine for another BHP.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As to the lack of "hype" surrounding this gun, don't worry. If you want one, buy it, and make up your own mind about it. If it has any problems, FN isn't the kind of company to not stand behind their products, and they'll probably fix it, free of charge.

If you don't like it, then sell it, and put the money toward something else.

The only real way to make up your mind about a gun is to shoot it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the FN P-9! Two weeks ago, been twice in the range and put 200 rounds trought it! Flawless! Very accurate, 3 to 5 inches groups at 25 meters, weaver stance. Going again tomorrow to the range...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way, does anybody knows where to buy replacement recoil spring for this baby? I tried Wolff springs and they don't carry it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris, opine means to speak out, I think you meant: "opt for another BHP." Regards, Richard
aka NIT PICKER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If y'all will allow me to digress a tad...

From what I read, there seem to be some very interesting new polymer framed semi-auto handguns coming out. One is the Smith and Wesson M&P; I hope it's not a re-packaged Sigma... we'll see. Another is a new offering by Kimber. That one looks very intriguing to me. Thirdly, is the much-anticipated Springfield Armory XD .45ACP. There's much to look forward to in the way of new guns this coming year. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The M&P is the "Great American Hope," in a way. It was designed here, and is built here. It's NOT a repackaged Sigma. Reports say it's very accurate, and has a trigger like a Smith REVOLVER!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PLZ! does anybody knows where to buy replacement recoil spring for the FN P-9? I tried Wolff springs and they don't carry it!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts