Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any information or experience with these guns?

They seem to not have attracted Hi-power fans at all. (Even the fans like me that love both HPs and CZs.)

Did they just not catch on because of the typical finicky American market or did they have problems?

I was just about to get myself a CZ 75 D PCR until I went to the range this weekend and saw this funky little (compact version) FN Hi-power. The guy wasn't very friendly so I didn't get any info out of him.

Curious.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
No problems, just timing. There are too many DA/DAO guns on the market with established track records, and that have been talked up in the media for decades (read SIG, Glock, S&W Ruger, Beretta).

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Well, yes....I understand the "finicky name brand" market killed them. But how are the guns?

I'd figure classic Hi-power fans would also love the DAs too, especially the little compact.

Still curious.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the compact DA (purchased from CDNN when they had them for sale at $279). I like the pistol very much and it is usually what I have when traveling or when I know I will be leaving it in the car (if the car gets broken into or stolen I would rather lose a $279 gun than a $600 gun). It's a great shooter and packs well. The only thing I don't like is that it has a plastic trigger...it hasn't given me any problems as of yet but it seems a curious thing on an otherwise all steel gun.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Great info Derek!

See, I thought something had to be up. Also, I see a few now selling for around $549 and I just had a weird feeling about it. I'll call CDNN and see if they have any left...though I doubt it. For that price you got a great deal for a good quality "throw away" gun. That's what I need...in 9mm.

How is the gun on accuracy and reliability?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Accuracy is fine....can't give you actual size groups because when I go to the range I usually do various drills...double taps, Mozambiques, weak hand, etc. and don't really do any slow fire shooting for accuracy at distance.

Reliability has been flawless...however I have only shot three loads through it: Winchester FMJ, Federal Nyclad (no longer produced but I have some around and like it) and Speer Gold Dot. All standard pressure and 124 gr.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts