Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What experiences has anyone had with the current FM HiPower Detective? Was looking thru a Shotgun News and it looks very interesting. Been thinking it would be a good carry gun and/or truck gun.

G

·
Well, I have an FM "military" Hi-Power, and it's a great gun. I know that doesn't directly answer your question, but the Argies have a good record, plus I haven't seen or read anything bad about the guns.

Depending on price, it should be a good value.

G

·
I ordered one today -the detective slide and barrel kit for $179.50 plus ship, from SARCOINC.COM @ 908-647-3800. several weeks delivery but good deal and I have heard the kit is cool as you can use it on any hipower . 9mm.
I read a review and it was positive. as well as the gun- the FM m- 95 was strongly positve also. will buy the gun as soon as my FFL holder gets his renewal cleared. HIVel

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Give us a range report when you get a chance,HiVel. Would be appreciated.

G

·
Now I realize this is an old thread, but I am a new member and was browsing and thought I would share my opinion.
The FM M95 Detective has been my carry piece for right at a year now with the only modifications being the mag safety has been removed, and a strip of skate tape on the frontstrap.
Have lost count of rounds fired but know it to be over 2500,the gun is very accurate and points naturally for me. The one other thing that will be changed are the sights, nothing wrong with the factory ones, just prefer night sights.

G

·
By the way, the gun was brand new when I bought it and came in a cardboard box with one mag. and an instruction manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts