Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your very first carry gun? Mine was a Grendel P11 .380... :-/ Hey,I was young. So,let's hear it.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
I must be different again....

My first "carry" gun was a Super Single Six. I carried it hunting illegally. I didn't know there were such things as handgun licenses. I couldn't have gotten one at that age (16) anyway.

My first centerfire was... don't laugh... a Hi Point. I didn't know!

I traded a Winchester 9422 and some cash for my Taurus 92. I traded the Hi Point for some practice ammo and got real familiar with it.

Josh <><

·
Registered
430 Posts
My very first "carry" gun was an old Marksman Repeater BB/Pellet gun. ;)

Since, I cannot legally carry in public here, the only place I carry is at home. That would leave me with my Ruger P95 in a simple clip on holster as my carry gun.

-Rob

G

·
My first carry gun and my pistol all in all is my Colt Combat Commander, pre-S70. Love that pistol. Miss that pistol.

Anthony

G

·
Gents,

My first working gun was a Daisy "Red Ryder"! Spent many hours afield stalking the wiley "bull gundwan" with it. After a "close call" I move up to a Sheridan "Blue Streak" 5mm pellet rifle. Needed the extra "stopping power...
First pistol was a Ruger Bearcat my dad bought me. Later bought a Ruger Blackhawk .357 and then an S&W M19 4". It was my first real "combat" weapon. Loved it.
Transitioned to 1911's in 1970 and haven't looked back.
Had all configurations. I love my SS Ser 80 Commander, but may switch to the full size Les Baer "Premier II Lightweight). Full size handling at 29 ozs.
Woods guns? .41 and .44 mag. Smith M57 4" and Colt Anaconda 4", respectively.

Wes

G

·
My first carry gun was a Taurus PT99. I shot it well, and it never malfunctioned, but I soon lost my respect for the aluminum alloy receiver. Also, it was a poor IWB candidate, which is a severe handicap in my book.

G

·
My first real carry gun was a Astra A-100 in .45. I still have that gun. It is still a great carry! Resembles a Sig 220 but shorter in lenth and a 9 round mag. Shoots very accurate. Anyone know where to get a new recoil spring for one of these???????

·
Registered
198 Posts
Okay, here's a different sort of answer. I don't have a permit, so I don't carry. When I do get a permit, I will either carry my NRM Colt 1991, or my Mk. III Hi-Power.

G

·
My first carry gun was my EG makarov which was carried in an uncle mikes shoulder holster. The gun is still here but the holster was sold off.

Steelheart

·
Registered
180 Posts
Stock Colt 1911. I still carry it a fair amount, even in summer. With the proper (baggy) t-shirt and a good IWB from Desantis it conceals well and has all the power I could want.

But yeah, its more often a P-32 or Bersa .380

·
Registered
169 Posts
My first handgun was a Model 19 S&W, 357. Over the years I've had more handguns than I can remember but never really "carried" one. A couple of times I did it was either the Model 19, or a Colt Government Model 45.

Just got my CCP last week. Don't have the 19, or the GM anymore, but I've got a nice Taurus 85CH that has been at my side ever since.

G

·
Hi everybody, first time post for me on these forums. My first carry gun was the tried and true J-frame Smith. At the moment I don't have any J-frames, I need to get another.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I work with criminal justice clients so I got my CHL/CCW about 6 years ago. I went agota SIG P239 in 9x19 as well as did a older female parole officer friend of I and my wifes at the very same time.
Very good handguns but I no longer carry such. Would like to have a P220 one day but there are to many 1911a1s out there for me!

G

·
Right out of the army I was on a tight budget, bought and carried a 7.65 CZ-70, kept it loaded with 60gr Fiocchi hollow points, next was one of the FEG clone BHP's, the B serial number ones that were labelled FN Herstal.
That remained my carry gun for a long time and I still have it, simply as I did not like messing up BHP's and felt nothing slapping on sights and safeties on this one, not to mention rusting.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
My first pistol that I owned & CCWd was this Speed Six setup. Along the way, I had it beadblasted, the trigger beveled & polished, and the front sight filed down and reblued for Silvertips. This Summer Special is a replacement for the original that I forget what happened to. A good little snub, and worth looking for.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts