Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a FEG Hi Power clone. Is the reciol spring the same as on the BHP or FN HP? I recently bought a Wolff 17 lb Spring and its alot longer than the spring in my FEG and won't compress enoigh to fit.

Bob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I messed around some more and got it in. Had to ease the barrel up and then drop in back in place. Seems alot tighter than the stock FEG spring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Should you decide to go with even a stronger wolff recoil spring... then you will see why we say, goggles and a helmet...first time I did it, it shot threw the window, and killed the neighbors dog. (-:

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

I recently installed the Wolff 18.5 pound recoil spring and extra power trigger spring and both fit fine in my FEG PJK-9 HP.

They are stiff and require a little extra "umph" to get them in--but once in they function quite well.

Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about the 18.5 spring but went with the 17 instead. I might get one just to see what the difference is like. I'd like to take that magazine safety out but the pin doesn't budge at all.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

sdacbob said:

[/I'd like to take that magazine safety out but the pin doesn't budge at all.quote]

Actually mine came out with some very solid blows with a 1/16" pin punch and hammer over a board with a hole drilled in it to catch the pin.

I put masking tape over the pin and hole to make sure that if I slipped, that I wouldn't leave an ugly scratch.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts