Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all- This is my first post. I recently inherited a Colt Diamondback .38 special 4" Blue Barrel . It is either mint condition or as close as you can get. It is in the original box with full warranty card (never sent in), a How to handle the handgun brochure(amusing), a round Colt screwdriver-type tool, and what appears to be the factory test target sheet dated 2-15-67. The serial number on the warranty card, box, and target sheet shows a serial #5463, however on the frame inside the barrel and on the hinge the number D4265 appears.
My questions are what is the actual serial number and date of manufacture? Is it an original 1966 or early 1967 model? Also, roughly what is everything worth? I am considering trading or selling. I have attached two pictures for viewing. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Diamondback serial numbers were prefixed with a 'D'. Serial number D4265 would be correct for 1967 production.

·
Banned
721 Posts
... In my estimation the Diamondback was the nicest .38 Spcl. revolver ever made ...

I can't and won't argue with that. I inherited one myself and won't trade or sell it - EVER.

·
Banned
721 Posts
Go on Gun Broker and see what the current selling prices have been.
That's the best indicator of the current market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts