Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
::) ::) I purchased a DW 357 pistol pack with 2.5",4", 6",and 8" bbls.
Two of the barrels do not thread properly and I don't want to force them. I have Emailed CZ/Dan Wesson and gotten no answer. This was attempted 8 times in the last 5 months so I'm not very impressed with the company take over.

Anyway, I was told by my gunsmith that he wouldn't try because he's not sure and might mess it up. He was told that it needed to be re threaded on OEM machinery. Can anyone recommend someone.

G

·
Chances are, the barrels came with the problem from the factory and the original purchaser didn't deal with it (or maybe wasn't even aware of it if he didn't use the barrels ) under warranty.

The miserable customer service from Dan Wesson isn't a new thing. Several years ago my dealer e-mailed them several times about getting me one of their revolvers in .32 H&R Magnum and .32-20, and never received a response. As far as I'm concerned, Dan Wesson can take it and stick it. I will never own one of their handguns.

As far as your problem, go to other gunsmiths and see if one will tackle your problem. As it is, the barrels aren't useable. If the 'smith buggers them up, they won't be any less useable. Unless you want to move the set on one day with the set "as is."

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yes that was a neat package deal if everything worked right. I had mine for about 10yrs and had no problems. That was one of many of my guns that I sold to stay a float one time. Always heard that their customer service left a lot to be desired. Hope you can get it fixed. Good luck.

Best Baldy..

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to Iowa this spring and I'll try the gun store I visited there. The last time I was there I remember he had a large DW dealer logo in the store. Thanks guys. I'll keep checking the post too.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've located a smith who says he can rethread the 2 bbls for me and crown my BHP 40cal at 11 degrees for $35.00 each. That sounds good to me. Thanks for the for the help guys.
I Love You Guys Man!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just picked up the DW 357 with the barrels repaired. They scew in like "butta". There is a long weekend coming up and I plan to spend part of it at the range and try out my fixed 357 bbls, my new DW, 44mag, 6" bbl and my FN, SFS, 40cal. As for "dirt cheap" they make up for the prices they charge for new guns. $800.00 for a BHP 9mm practical!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well Mr.Spikey I am glad to hear you got it fixed. Now go out there and enjoy yourself. Don't ever forget the gun smith that fixed it you may need him down the road for other stuff. That was a very good price he charged you I think. Good shooting.

Best: Baldy.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Spikey,

+1 with Mr. Baldy sir. I would be sending that smith both a birthday and Christmas card each year. He sounds like a man you want to stay friends with for sure.

When you get the chance to shoot them, please give us a range report.

twoguns

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will be sending the smith Xmas cards as I just dropped off my Mossberg 500 to have a broken screw removed and replaced. I guess he just likes the $35.00 price because thats what he is charging for that. I will be using him again.
As for the range report I haven't had the time to take the revolvers out, but I will. I think I'll just take revolvers only next time. I seem to take too many guns when I shoot and never have the time to really enjoy them, but I will.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He only charged me $5.00 to remove and replace the screw + he sold me a used 20" slug bbl with fiber-optic front and rear sights (orange Front, green Rear) for $35.00. I told you, he likes $35.00. Go figure.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Spikey614,

Well sir, to me it sure sounds like your smith is not broken, and I sure would not try to fix him. I really have to respect a craftsman who does good work and charges very fair prices like that.

Enjoy your "new weapons" and your new smith.

Not to be a pest, but you do still owe your fellow members a range report of you DW revolver and the multiple barrels. Take care and we look forward to your report when you get the chance. If you wife happens to shoot a bit better group with your DW (assuming you can convince her to tag along) just enjoy it and be proud of her (grinning).

twoguns

1 - 12 of 12 Posts