Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The right stock cracked on my CZ-75B, (My fault; overtightened the screw) and is currently being held on with medical tape. I now know, unequivocally, what a real gun looks like. Well, despite a certain charm this setup gives the piece, I decided a more permanent solution was in order.

I called CZ's warranty department, got a guy named Adam, and was told that if I gave him an address, the replacement part would be here in a week.

Why isn't everybody's service that good?

·
Registered
645 Posts
chubbypigeon,

Thanks for the info, good service is hard to come by any more. I'm looking around for a another 9mm, I have a Star BM and really like it, but want a larger capacity 9. I was impressed with the CZ75B I shot, and the price is a lot better than the Beretta M9 or FS I shot. Befrore I make up my mind though I what to shoot a BHP, then I'll make up my mind.

Papabear.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Papabear,

When you make up your mind sir, we would like to hear a range report on whatever you purchase. I am a long time HP fan, and carried a matched pair on duty for many years until my agency killed SA pistols. Unfortunately as I got closer to retirement age I envisioned carrying a HP or two again. Then I discovered a grip I learned in a gun school decades ago now causes my left thumb to lock the slide release up during each mag in my HPs. So they have to be fun guns for me now.

I discovered the CZ-75B to me is like a close cousin of the HP. I like the way it feels in my hands, and like the fact it has the options I prefer in a pistol - steel frame, full sized, reliable and accurate. As an added plus their design allows them to be carried hammer down DA first shot (manual safety version) or cocked and locked (manual safety version or SA only version).

So I think the CZ-75Bs do offer a lot of strong features, including a very reasonable price at present. If you check the CZ-USA website you will find they actually offer several versions of the CZ-75B.

For me, I think the CZ-75B will become my carry pistols when I want to carry a SA now. The grip is a bit larger to me than a HP but it does remind me a great deal of one while shooting it. Just my two cents for whatever they are worth sir.

Again, when you do make a purchase, please share your thoughts with us.

Mr. Chubby,

They do have excellent customer service. You lucked into Adam on your first call apparently. He is probably their best person to provide that to customers in my opinion. You may get another guy on the phone at times there too. When I do I just let him talk, say thanks, then keep calling back until Adam answers his direct line.

twoguns

·
Registered
645 Posts
twoguns,

Thank you sir for your comments, I am leaning in that direction [CZ75B] because I have shot the Beretta M9, and the CZ75B, and between the two, I would go with the CZ, if for no other reason than the price, but as you mentioned the CZ's do have more options. Both shot very well and the control was excellent on both, however, not having shot a HP, I want to wait till I have had a chance to shot the HP before I make my decision. For many years, more than I care to mention here, I didn't have much respect for the 9mm, and still have my doubts to some degree as for it stopping power, I realize this is a very subjective, however, I do enjoy shooting 9mm's now and am looking forward to finding another 9 to go with my Star BM. I will indeed inform what my choice was and give a range report at first opportunity. Again, thank you for you 2 cents worth, it was worth much more than that to me.

papabear

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Gents, when replacing screws everyone needs to be careful. Snug them down but use locktite instead of muscle. I have messed up lots and lots of stocks doing this over the years. My Old Man taught me to snug a bolt or screw down until it was tight and then ring the head off so I could get quality e-z out time! It does not matter if they are plastic or wood or even aluminum now. However, it is good to hear that CZ backed you right up! I have heard previous grumblings from my CZ bearing friends and dealers. Great!

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've Emailed CZ/Dan wesson with questions about my 44mag and was never answered. I called and asked the questions and was never called back. I happy to hear you had a pleasant experience with them. They must not like me.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Mr. Spikey614,

I am about to send you a pm with the name and extention of someone at CZ I suggest you speak with. Hopefully he will be able to help you resolve your issues with your .44mag. Good luck.

twoguns

1 - 9 of 9 Posts