Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the viewpoints on the CZ 97B? I'm not into Colts and am interested if the .45s are as good as the 9mm 75B.

I'm almost afraid Mr. Camp will like it and give it a good review. His advise is costing me plenty.

Regards,
Steve

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Hello. I don't own a CZ97. I have shot a few and the DA/SA triggers were similar to those on the 9mm versions I've shot. All of the ones I've shot were surprisingly good groupers, but some would only feed ball while others gobbled up JHP's with no problems.

The DA trigger reach is pretty far and I'd carry cocked-and-locked were I toting one of these pistols.

That's about the best I can do on those.

Best.

G

·
I have never messed with them because I am not in love with 9MM or 40 S&W. I hear they are great guns from some of my expert pals.

G

·
The CZs are good pistols. That includes the CZ-97B (.45acp), however unless you have large hands you probably won't find it comfortable. It has it's own large frame size, not like the CZ-75 models.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have large hands. The Colts I had 30 years ago were the last I tried. I'm ready to venture out on a 45 just like I was the 9mm CZ-75B.

It's really the reputation of CZ as a best buy that had interested me. I guess it's also like I once collected Smith's, but times and I have changed.

Always looking for other people's findings as this group has knowledgeable people with their own opinions.

Thanks. Steve

·
Regulator,
3,441 Posts
Gents,
My CZ-97 was found used. Got an incredible deal and the gun looked unfired. Production date was '98. First trip to the range showed the weapon was accurate and reliable with all jacketed ammo, including hollow points. While there's not a large number of rounds through the gun I can give some first impressions. The fit and finish (high luster blue) is impecable. NO forward serrations(thank god). The grip fits my hand well, but it is a LONG reach to the trigger for DA use. As Stephen said, I'd carry it DA. Sure, it's not my Colt Government Model, but it cost half the price and is probably 80% as good.
Wes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts