Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at the CZ line, specifically the P-01, the compact 40, and the 97B. I like the look of the dust covers. Anyway, do they manufacture different frames for each one? I want to know if the 9mm will have a smaller diameter grip, the 40 a larger one, and the 97 the largest. Or did they just make a .45 frame and put in smaller caliber barrels for the 9mm?

G

·
The 97 is a large, unique-sized frame I believe the P-01 and Compact 40 are the same. Back when hicap magazines were banned I read of people using .40 cal compact magazines to get more cartridges in a 9mm.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just what I wanted to know. I'm deciding between the compact .40 and the P-01 then. They are the same size, almost the same MSRP, but I have not checked the features. I don't know about decockers and such.

G

·
The P-01 has an alloy frame. The .40 Compact is steel. If you want a 9mm with a steel frame go with the CZ-75 Compact. You lose the light rail feature, but it makes for a sleeker pistol I think. The 75 Compact doesn't have the decocker, but it does have a manual safety and can be carried cocked and locked, or hammer down with double-action for the first shot. Recoil will be less with a steel-framed pistol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts