Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here besides me own a CZ RAMI? Mine's the 9mm variety and it's replaced my Glock 26.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first choice in 9mm carry ammo is the Winchester Ranger "T" series 127 grain +P+ JHPs.

At some point in the future, I may switch to the CorBon DPX "stuff". I just don't know enough about it yet and real life street results.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far mine doesn't like the DPX. I've tried Ranger 147gr, Gold Dot 124gr +P and Silvertip 115gr all with positive results.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The Rami sure seems like a neat little pistol. I really was in love with it, until we got together. Then I realized she was a little thick for my tastes. Unfortunately, it seems that all CZs lean this way, because not a single one I've held has felt good in my hand. A shame truly, because those Czechs ladies sure are nice!

-Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is my 40 S&W CZ75 Rami and yes, it wears
Hakan grips and it lives in a Ken L. Null UNS
holster. If I had it to over I would have bought
a 9mm version but I can say my Rami has been
trouble free. Regards, Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RandomMan -

I know what you mean about the RAMI feeling a bit thick, but I suppose I'm accustomed to accepting some added girth in order to obtain more rounds in the magazine. In my case, if you look closely at my above pic, you will see that I added a pinky finger extension to both magazines which improve the grip's overall feel.

Have you tried the CZ P-01? Even though it's still a double-stacked 9mm magazine, it feels GREAT in my hands -- very BHP-like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Custom grips will help a lot with the girth of the RAMI. I must say after owning and carrying a Glock 26 for a few years I prefer the RAMI. I never really could warmup to that Glock trigger system. I like to know when a gun is going to go off. Since the RAMI has that firing pin block that most of the new CZs have I usually carry mine at half cock. This makes for a very smooth first shot. One thing the RAMI gives you that the Glock does not is second strike capability on a dud round.

·
Registered
430 Posts
RandomMan -

I know what you mean about the RAMI feeling a bit thick, but I suppose I'm accustomed to accepting some added girth in order to obtain more rounds in the magazine. In my case, if you look closely at my above pic, you will see that I added a pinky finger extension to both magazines which improve the grip's overall feel.

Have you tried the CZ P-01? Even though it's still a double-stacked 9mm magazine, it feels GREAT in my hands -- very BHP-like.
I have tried the P-01 and it's a beautiful piece. Unfortunately, the P-01 being a decocker gun defeats the feature that I absolutely love about CZs and that's the ability to go cocked'n'locked. It is also unfortunate, that I seem to be one of those guys, whose hands don't fit the Browning Hi-Power with much success. With nice custom "thin" grips a BHP and CZ both fit well, but then they're compromised by my inability to conceal them due to my body type. :/

I've finally concluded that it must be fate to prevent me from owning a CZ or BHP. Although, I did notice that CZ has recently announced it's going to do the Rami with a polymer frame. That may actually fit my hand, only time will tell!

-Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts