Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
357 Posts
dasami

Lots of variations with the CZ 75's so it's hard to say exactly what you have. If it's single action.

Single action revolvers or pistols generally present a risk when dropping the hammer on a chamber with a cartridge. If you thumb slips you could get accidental discharge. Many have some sort of safety device, some reliable some not.

Good practice if you want to clear any pistol is to remove the magazine. Open the action and eject the chambered cartridge. Confirm empty, point the muzzle in a safe direction and drop the hammer on the empty chamber using the trigger.

I don't trust half cocks on any firearm and don't like any single action carried with the hammer down on a live cartridge no matter what the manufacturer says. I consider cocked and locked safe in my holstered 1911 pistols.

Boats

· Registered
357 Posts
Sounds to me even though the manual gives de-cocking routines. It's not real safe with a round in the chamber. If I had one I think cocked and locked would be the only way I would carry one.

Boats

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.