Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm not quite sure if this question fits here, but I will throw it out here anyways.

Next week. I am planning my annual Thanksgiving Pilgrimage up north to visit the family in Virginia. My question is anyone up to date on the CWP (concealed weapon permit) reciprocity from my home state of South Carolina with North Carolina and Virginia?

I plan on taking my beretta 21 A for deep concealment, my Glock 23 for belt carry, my Marlin 1895 guide gun for some impromtu white tail hunting and a moisin nagant M-38 to give to my brother as a "house warming gift". :)
I have a class 3 C& R FFL license as well as my SC CWP.

I plan on staying out of Maryland as they are very anti-gun of late. My curiousity is piqued as there was a big billboard on the NC/VA border warning people of trafficing firearms through Virginia. Apparently, people were buying handguns down here and selling them illegally in NJ, NY and parts up North.

Any information is appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Josh/Dave,

Thank you for the link. The answers are still pretty murky for even me.

North Carolina has reciprocity. Virginia "recognizes" SC permits. (Whatever that means). My legalize is failing me in my advancing years, ha, ha, ha!

Any answers?

Thanks,

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts