Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a trade for a Hong Kong police revolver at a gun show today.

Pictures tomorrow or the next day, but basically I just wanted something in a skinny barrel 10, and the lanyard ring is cool. :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's like new, though the grips have taken some battering from it having been carried a lot. Unless I'm mistaken, these guns were all carried in full flap holsters, so only the grips would be open to damage from bumps and dings. I'll get pictures later today.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, so not exactly "like new." I was caught up in the moment, so to speak, not to mention being half asleep when I posted.

But still I'm happy. I've been wanting a skinny barrel Model 10 for quite some time. Now I gotta find a lanyard and a flap holster. :)

I'll go out back and fire off a few rounds in a little while.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gee, I just wanted the lanyard ring.

C&E definitely stands for Customs & Export, and I'm assuming that the number is a stock number assigned by the agency. I was told that this was a Hong Kong police revolver by the guy who bought it from the wholesaler; I'll call him or go by his shop later in the day to see if he can shed any light. I don't have the current Standard Catalog, though I do have access to it. I just didn't try to look this one up.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I think we are talking about two different police agencies here, but each using the same configuration in the M & P, lanyard ring, etc. Both made around the same time. Both interesting, somewhat collectible, both same high quality. Enjoy, Leland! Regards, G>M>F>
PS: C&E stands for Customs & Excise.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard Customs & Excise and Customs and Export. "Excise" makes a bit more sense, though. Two different HK agencies makes a lot of sense.

I want to know an absolute, definitive answer, but only so I'll have something to say when shooting friends come over. :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nothing more authoritative than a S & W letter signed by Roy Jinks, but it means a further investment of $30. Well worth it to me on a few items in the past, but I speak only for myself. ;) Regards, G>M>F>

G

·
Leland,

Nifty gun. You might contact Collector's Firearms in Houston about the holster and lanyard. They have several H&K M10s in stock. They also have a lot of antique gear, so it's a possibility. www.collectorsfirearms.com.

As far as Hong Kong is concerned, Supica mentions only a special version for the Royal Hong Kong Police, stamped RHKP. The book indicates that the list is partial since so many versions have been made.

Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts