Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys
Has anyone tried a Commanchi Revolver? I looked at one at a gunshow and it looked like a good handgun. Of course, that doesn't mean it has decent quality or materials. I don't know anything about them. What do you guys think? Thanks
Dragon

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The Llama Comanche?

In my experience, Llamas aren't the best guns. Their revolvers, either. When I managed a gun store the owner (who had TONS of experience in the business, told me the Llamas had softer steel than he liked. The couple of moderately used Comanches that came through the shop seemed to bear that out - IIRC, one had actual wear on the cylinder bolt. They were not tight, either of them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I was sure a shortcut was taken to get the price so low. As with most things you get what you pay for. For now I'll stick with used S&W revolvers and my autos.
Dragon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dragon this is Rick from SR,
I know this is abit of a real late response but never buy a Commanche!
We carried a few @ PS and well maybe two actually and never could sell them. Im glad too.
They are oversized and really rough.
Course as you know form the "other board" Im not a fan of anything Llama. but Id say the Charter Arms are back and strong and for $200-$250 youll find something to your liking!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Owned one. Lockwork very complicated. Heavy and ugly. Believe it outweighed a S&W 29. Shot 240 grain Mag SWC factory loads. Ate them up. Didn't care for the handling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts