Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I discovered this forum yesterday as I browsed routinely on Mr. Camp's site. I'am very glad to find such a place where quality discussion on handguns are held. Mr. Camp's name is for me a guarantee of knowledge and correctness after I ordered and avidly read his booklets on the HiPower and Personnal Defense.

I hope you will excuse my poor english, as my language is french... If you have any question about guns in Europe and Switzerland, don't hesitate. I'm no expert but a dedicated enthusiast.

Mr Camp, Mr. Josh, thank You!

L.

G

·
Larry,

Welcome indeed and please don't feel a need to apologize for your English. I guarantee it is better than my French!

Here's a picture of one of your nation's great exports, a surplus K31 straight pull rifle. Unique and great fun at the range here in the U.S. after serving your country well for many years.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Bill for the picture of our cherished K31. Happy to see that they have found proud owners in the States. I received one from the army as a kind of gift when I finished my service and gave back my personnal equipement and assault gun (StG 57). Here we have an old motto: there's a rifle in every bedroom in Switzerland. In that sense, I'm a good ol'Swiss!!!

L.

G

·
Yes indeed, a rifle in every closet. A few years ago a gun rights scholar here in the U.S. by the name of Stephen Halbrook wrote a lengthy article on the annual shooter's holiday and qualification. Very impressive and pleasing to see whole families going to the range together.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, a nice tradition that is sadly going down - as lot of others! As the swiss "people" army is seing his end (the conscription will be sooner or later replaced by a mix of pros and volunteers), the politics will see no more needs for regular shooting exercices and meetings, putting a dark threat on our gun rights... if you see what I mean?

L.

G

·
So, Larry, what is your opinion of the Manurhins versus Smith&Wesson revolvers? I have never fired a Manurhin but I know people who have and they had good comments to say about them.

Do French gendarmes still carry manurhin revolvers or switched to semiautos?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts