Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a set of K frame Combat stocks for a M13 RB and a set of J frame Banana stocks for a M36 at a show here in W. KY. The combats were new and the banana's were used but in VG condition. They both make for a better fit and feel for my hands. Haven't shot with them yet, but I am sure they will be better than the original magana's that came with them.

Papabear

·
Registered
399 Posts
A fine looking pair you got there Papabear. Give my eye teeth for one of them and you got two beautys there. Enjoy and good luck with them.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello papabear,

I really like the look of the S&W medallioned banana stocks and J&G Wholesaler's has them advertised every month in their sales flyer. I'd really like a set for my M-60/no dash just because they would add comfort and increase it's shootability.

Those stocks really look nice on your revolvers and thank you for sharing them with us.

Chris

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Oooooo, purty!

I have a set like that for my RB 3" M10, and I have a set of smooth bananas for a J frame, though right now they're languishing in the grips drawer. I don't carry the M60 much, and the bananas are a wee bit too big for pocket carry, but they definitely help with gun control.

Note to self: get another J frame so the grips will have someplace to live other than a cold, dark drawer.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those things are getting pricey here in the Holy City.
I got the Banana's for $20 OTD from one table and the the Combats for $72 OTD at a different table [we haggled a bit and split the difference on the Combats], but IMO that was less expensive than getting them off the internet and paying shipping to boot, plus I just plain wanted them, so I got em, price didn't really enter into the equation on these two, but they were asking $85 for the Combats and I felt he would move a bit so we haggled. "Better to have loved and lost than to not have loved at all", so I got em while I could, and they do look better on the 13 & 36 than sitting in a cold dark drawer, however, as LelandRay said, "I have a few sitting in a grip drawer myself, and they are looking for their mates, :-[ "so many guns, so little money", oh, so true. :-[

Papabear

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Papabear,

You and Mr. Leland and others always make me kick myself everytime I see your pics, and I recall all the incredible revolvers I got rid of. My only cylinder guns now are several SAA clones. I too have that cursed grip drawer and just looked and realized how many revolver grips have been orphaned. I really think I am going to have to solve that problem shortly.

Now if I can just find a couple of nice pre-locks (grinning).

Thanks for the pics guys, they always make me sigh, but have also made me realize the errors or my ways too (tips my hat).

twoguns

G

·
Papabear,

You and Mr. Leland and others always make me kick myself everytime I see your pics, and I recall all the incredible revolvers I got rid of.
He-e-y, they --- or revolvers just like'em --- are all still "out there" in used-gun-land somewhere, just waitin' for ya to find'em.

I too have that cursed grip drawer and just looked and realized how many revolver grips have been orphaned. I really think I am going to have to solve that problem shortly.
Yeah, ya just absolutely gotta find a revolver for each lonesome, orphaned set of grips. It's only right.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Demeted, as I recall, the bananas were only for the JFrames but I could be wrong about that. They were de rigeur back in the day (1977) for off duty guns when slightly reshaped a bit.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
demented,

I believe oberstlt is correct, the Banana's are for the J frames only. Combats you can get for the "J" "K" and "L" frames.

Papabear

·
Registered
932 Posts
Thanks for the info on the bananas. I've got to get something for my 65. Just wasted 30 bucks on a set of Pachmayr Compacs for it that simply don't fit. I've noticed that Speedfeed has some new grips for sale, may give a set of them a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts