Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

A picture to share my small collection of Brownings designs - I was just unsure to post on the 1911 or BHP sections, but the pic is multicultural... And sorry for the quality, I'll try to do better next time.

From 12, counterclockwise: FN Browning 1903, 9 mm long browning, swede contract, with swede ordnance box and ammo; Cold 1903, .32 acp (1913); Colt Government Model (commercial), .45 acp (1916); Colt Lightweight Commander, .45 acp, (1974); FN HP35, 9 mm para (1978).

All pistols are pictured "cocked and locked".

Bye.

L.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Nice group! The 1903 FN just might be the most interesting to me.
I had an FN/Browning 1910/55 for several years and I always delighted in just sitting and studying it. Whether by intent, or just as a result of how it worked out, he made a lot of pretty guns. Those "pocket pistols" and the .22 auto takedown rifle come to mind first as examples.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hello Larry,

Well, what a great suprise Larry!!!

I am very happy that you have taken the time to share your fine collection with us. It is very impressive indeed! I really like the Colt 1903 myself, but I am very impressed with the collection of handguns you've talked about for so long.

I finally get a chance to see the Commander LW that you speak of so often in your posts.

Thank you for sharing them with us. I hope I get a chance to see them in person in 2008 ;)

Best,

Chris

·
Registered
399 Posts
What a fine looking collection of pistols you have there Larry. Thanks for sharing them with us as I have enjoyed them a bunch.

Best Baldy.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you all for the good words... I'll take some pics of the Walthers too.

Yes, Barry, the FN 1903 is a jewel. Mecanically it is a Colt 1903 on stero

·
Registered
645 Posts
Larry,

Thanks for the pic of your muiticultural Browning disigns reunion, and the pic is very nice of such a large reunion........

papabear

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Howdy Larry,

+1 on all the other comments. I really do enjoy seeing your picture, as it adds more to your comments I enjoy reading too. Please do post more pictures whenever you can.

You do have a great collection and we appreciate you sharing those with us. When you can give us more.

twoguns

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was lucky to get the FN for the price of a Husky. As it is a swede order, he probably got it in a batch of surplused Huskies and didnt' saw the difference. It was the first and only I saw here.

L.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts