Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,

Have spent part of the day checking pricing and availability of handguns. The sites I went to sell Colt, and have carried their revolvers in the past. Now I'm finding no listings for Colt Revolvers at all. Except for the SAA.

Has Colt decided to discontinue these fine revolvers?

Merry Christmas to all,

Wes
P.S. Glad I have my 4" Anaconda!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
first ive heard of it wes ? hope not .im sure if they have someone will know here !! happy holidays !!! jonboy

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Sadly, one never knows what Colt is doing this month.

I was under the impression that they had fired the Python line back up but it was like the S.A.A. and only the custom shop that was doing them.

Rumor was that the Annaconda would be re-introduced but if it has been I missed it.

Both guns bring a premium these days.

Good luck!
Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be going to the SHOT show next month, and I'm sure some other forum members will, also. Let's all go by Colt and see if they intend to stay in business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The site doesn't seem to be updated all that often. For example, Davidson's lists the .38 Supers that have recently been introduced in the 1991 family (model numbers 02991 and 02091). I've seen at least one range report on 1911forum.com. No mention of them on the website as of today, ???

D.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gents,

Seems as though we can't confirm or deny current production of the Anaconda and Python. Perhaps, after the SHOT show we'll have an answer from "justdavid".

Like I said, "I've got mine", but I was so impressed with the Anaconda that I'd hate to see future shooters not have a chance to get a new one.

Hope all have a safe and Happy New Year.

Wes

·
Registered
898 Posts
This was mentioned by a Moderator over at 1911 Forum, "Guy Sajer" who runs a large longstanding gunshop in my region. Said he got the scoop from a Colt (or distributor's) rep. Sometimes these fellows are WAY off the truth, but I'm betting "Guy" wouldn't have mentioned it if he didn't have good reason to believe it.

Then again, Colt itself can seemingly change their mind frequently, and without warning! Kinda all adds up to a big fat ??? ??? ??? doesn't it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gents,

Seems as though we can't confirm or deny current production of the Anaconda and Python. Perhaps, after the SHOT show we'll have an answer from "justdavid".
I wish. I'd love to go to the SHOT Show, but I'm just a hobbiest like many on this board. One of the Colt managers is a 1911forum.com member and I talked to him for a little bit at the NRA Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh early last year, but that's as close as I've ever come to having an "inside track" -- and even then he probably didn't tell me anything he wouldn't tell to anyone else that came up to the booth. ;)

Like I said, "I've got mine", but I was so impressed with the Anaconda that I'd hate to see future shooters not have a chance to get a new one.
I'm among that number. I want one, but it's several slots down the priority list right now. Colt discontinuing it would make me sad.

D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts