Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one who enjoys reloading for and shooting .32-20 and .32 Magnum revolvers, I am considering buying a Cimarron Model P, Jr. (a small frame SA) with dual cylinders in these two calibers. Questions: Is Uberti the maker of Cimarron's revolvers? And from personal experience can anyone comment on the quality of Cimarron's products? I appreciate your responses.

G

·
Cimarron's are made my Uberti. I tested one of the little ones in 38 special for G&A Handguns Annual several years ago, and it was supurb. The Model P that I had for the same article became a permanent part of my battery. One thing I learned about Cimarron, if something does go wrong, Mike Harvey will fix it.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ordered the 4.75" Model P, Jr. in .32-20/.32 Mag. and it arrived a few days ago. I plan to test it this week and am anxious to seen how point of impact changes with the little magnum round. The barrel is marked .32 WCF so I assume it is regulated for that round, which is usually loaded quite light in deference to the many old .32-20s still out there. Will give a report soon. In the meantime, I can confirm that as with all Uberti SAs that I've examined, the fit and finish are excellent. It is a lovely "little" single action.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Im bitten.....
Im really looking hard towards the CAS/SASS a former fan of Big/bore handgun hunting...I think Id really enjoy the hell out of myself!
Have always loved Lever guns and such anyways.
but back tot he topic Cimmaron a Texas Company ina great lil German Town in our Central hill Country.

I too want The Lil P in 32-20 and a .32 H&R mag converison cylinder!

AS for that Im not sure being afan of .45 colt if I want a P in that with 7.5" or .38 WCF with 5.5" barrel!

Right now the New ruger Vaquero isa bit tempting too but these Cimmarons have some great beauty to them and reports liek the ones above leand credability to there function and service!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Cimarron's are made my Uberti. I tested one of the little ones in 38 special for G&A Handguns Annual several years ago, and it was supurb. The Model P that I had for the same article became a permanent part of my battery. One thing I learned about Cimarron, if something does go wrong, Mike Harvey will fix it.
I aprreciate that response.
I recently picked up a NIB Cimamron Lightning, in .38 spcl, 3.5" for ...get this $375 OTD plus box of ammo.
Was trying to talk to aguy about it over at anopther popular site and some Ruger fan started telling me I shouldnt post about a gun with soft parts and weal springs till I put atleast 500rounds through it.
Damn www noitalls. I ve put 500 rounds through many firearms ina single day. thats no real test. anyways..its good to be at a friendlier site and read honest reviews. thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts