Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little-mentioned Casull Double Action revolver and a 1.5" barrel (with a folding trigger, no less) is being chambered in .32 caliber! I don't know whether it will be chambered in .32 ACP, .32 Colt New Police (a.k.a. .32 S&W Long) or .32 H&R Magnum, so please, don't ask! Apparently it will be a 5-shot, stainless steel affair, of robust construction, tipping the scales at a svelte 8 ounces!

I saw it listed in an "Annual" publication. MSRP is $395.00.

I like the idea!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was just informed by Freedom arms that the .32 caliber chambering for the CA 2000 is (fanfare, please) .32 H&R Magnum! My prayers have been answered! Yahoo!

Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been waiting for that rumor gun to show itself.

.32 Magnum should be a blast! I want one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, aunties and uncles, everybody. This little gem could be an answer to a undercover cop's prayer! (Or from the, "How to kill a threatening perp when your cover has been blown, and save your a$$ in a heartbeat" department!)

Thank you, Freedom Arms!

Now, if S&W would only get wise and reincarnate the "I" frame in a Scandium alloy frame with a Titanium cylinder! This could match Freedom Arm's offering, and save even more lives of these heroic "plainclothes" cops.

Scott

·
Registered
40 Posts
Man, that sounds cool.

I read the thread about the NAA mini revolver in .32 H&R Mag before I came across this one. Now I know this may make me unpopular, but I've always considered the NAA minis as nothing more than neat toys. I personally do not consider them worthwhile tools for self defense. This is mostly due to the fact that they're single action- I can't imagine trying to cock and fire one of those itty bitty things while wrestling on the ground with a bad guy who's doing his best to shove a knife in me.

But at least the Casull version is double action! Just pull the trigger, instead of having to fumble with your grip cocking it. It will be challenging enough just getting it into action as is. For those who are leery of a gun without a trigger guard, it even has a safety switch. I probably wouldn't use it (said without ever having handled or evaluated one) but the option is there.

If I had all the other guns I wanted and money to spare, I'd probably pick one up. We don't have CCW here, and carrying a loaded gun is a felony. This could create two diverging trains of thought. Some may decide to carry a tiny gun that's ultra concealable, to hopefully reduce the risks of getting caught. But for me, if I were to risk a felony by carrying a gun, then that must mean I'm pretty sure serious trouble is looking for me. So I'd be carrying the most/best firepower I can, and accept any legal consequenses as better than the alternative. So really, I don't think I have a legitimate use for this type of gun right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts