Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
I think placement and application can overcome caliber and bullet selection, BUT, that is in the hands of an accomplished shooter and under a limited set of circumstances some of which involve a healthy dose of pure blind luck.

Determination allied to ability can overcome seemingly insurmountable obstacles and can make it seem an otherwise marginal cartridge is a true giant killer, whereas the cartridge more suitable can allow those who may fall short of the abilities of many of thier fellow shooters to adequately defend themselves, even though they may lack that fine edge.

Is the 9mm better than the 38? does the 357 magnum rule the roost or is it the 45 acp or has it been unseated by the 40 S&W or the 357 SIG?

Each have things to recommend them and each is the BEST choice for someone and in relative terms with quality bullet selection and staying within the performance envelope of each cartridge,bullet, platform and with proper placement no one will know the difference and if the bullet(s) were to not be recovered, only the casings and the gun in the evidence locker would be able to tell you what did the damage.

I don't have all the answers, far from it.

The search goes on.

Regards, Mueller

· Registered
62 Posts
Blood loss or a drop in blood pressure can make a person sick and that along with the realisation that they have been shot and the onset of shock may lead them to cease thier present activity, does that equal a psychological or physiological stop?

A punctured and collapsed lung can lead to unconsciousness in a short period of time and even if one remained conscious the ability to continue would be seriously degraded and shock would be setting in, once again did the stop occur because of psychological or physiological?

An impact to or perforation of a nerve cluster can also temporarily paralyse an individual and lead to a cessation of hostilities. Psychological or Physiological?

Many times you could make the case for a psychlogical stop and in others it was purely physiological and in some cases we really would not be able to say definitively what stopped the individual.

The pain quotient must always be considered, as well as the general over all health and mindset of the parties involved all of which are extremely hard to measure and some parties may not be available to provide testimony as to why they stopped.

I am not saying you are wrong, just pointing out that the lines are blurred and there are no hard and fast rules.

· Registered
62 Posts
Hello, Josh

No need to Sir me, Mueller is fine.

Okay, I must be a sucker for punishment, I went back 3 times for the OC spray training as the antagonist

To my mind? A stop is when all aggressive activities cease.

If they choose to stop and no further input is required, then be happy and if it takes more and they cease thru no wish of thier own, they made the choice to start it.

Now if we are talking a threat or potential threat even after the stop, then unless they have them zipped in a body bag and loaded into the coroners van, I consider them a threat.

We are probably talking about the same thing but from different perspectives and I am having trouble articulating it in writing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.