1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fact: I want a new Norinco
Fact: We can't order them directly
Fact: People in Canada CAN

Question: Can't we buy guns from a private citizen in Canada?
Idea #2: Can't they just buy them, and ship them to us at a markup price? We allready have the US dollar advantage...

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
"Question: Can't we buy guns from a private citizen in Canada?"

I THINK that's pretty illegal. I'm not a lawyer but I believe there's a law against buying across the border without a license. It falls under international commerce, again IIRC.

Josh <><

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Uh...Whiffel, what you suggest doing is highly illegal, in both the US and Canada. Why don't you hunt one down on-line? Many gun sites have dealers as sponsors. Try sending some e-mails.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
In one word, NO.

In two words, NO WAY.

Here are at least three reasons right off the top of my head. Canadian firearms laws, US Firearms laws, and US Customs regulations (a WHOLE BUNCH there).

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Hi there,

Norinco's have been banned from importation for some time now and the best thing to do is watch gunbroker.com or gunsamerica.com and buy one from a US seller.

Chris

G

·
They're around in the US, you just have to keep an eye open. I actually bought one on Tuesday in a private transaction from a guy in a nearby town. Paid $350 for the gun, 6 mags and a kydex holster. The gun's been shot, but not a lot. Can't wait to get it out to the range on Sunday!

The maddening thing is they're about $250 US brand new in Canada, and the REALLY maddening thing is that Norinco M-14's are about $300 US in Canada. I understand they're not the same quality as the Springfield, but I could actually afford or (or two) at that price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts