Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Friend just emailed me excited that he bought a BHP on a whim and has decided it makes his SIG feel like a brick in his hand. No pics, but he sent me the serial number and asked what he has and when made?

245PZ76135

Thanks from Gary, who has been told to join here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
looking around the internet I was really happy to find that there is such a thing as a forum where people can get help on this topic.

I have been reading this thread and got a question (probably due to my inexperience) in the beginning there is this member that asks help with an HP with the serial L 2xxxx and having a mark of an oval a crown and the letters LG in it. Here a memebr tells him that id probably is a "FEG 'counterfeit FN' ". Later on in this thread another member asks a similar question presenting a similar marking (LG and the crown in an oval) and serial number (without the L thistime) and receives the answer that this probably is a gun from the Landes Gendarmerie etc etc...
Now my question is. Is it the letter L in the serial that told the second member all this info?
Again excuse my ignorance but I found it really interesting...

George

·
Registered
718 Posts
There were a fair number of FEG faux FN HPs that came out of SE Asia. One of the telling signs that the HP is an FEG despite the FN rollmarks is the "L" in the beginning of the serial number. There are others here that are much smarter than me on these guns, so perhaps they will chime in.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts