Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to the date codes that used on The Browning High Power Pistols.

Browning Date Your Firearm - Hi-Power Pistol

Note: FN uses the same date codes, so the above link will work for FN marked HP's as well as the Browning High Power.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Browning Hi Power ID Help

Hey guys! I've had this FN 9mm for years and put thousands of rounds through it. I love it and keep it close every night! Can you help me ID its history and a possible value? I can't seem to match it up through any of the serial number guides provided here, on Browning s site of some of the FN guides. I'd certainly appreciate any help you could offer! Thanks!

·
Regulator,
2,353 Posts
I agree. If it is indeed a FEG forgery, the serial number coincides with a FEG P9 from the early 1990's. I'm no expert on FN serial numbers, so I'll leave it at that and let the experts make a more authoritative appraisal of the gun. I have to say, though, that I've never seen an FN or Browning HP with tool marks that bad on the barrel cam lug.

One sure fire way to tell if it is a FEG or not is to do a close visual comparison of the gun's proportions and dimensions aft of the trigger guard with those of a pistol you know for sure is an FN or Browning HP. The FEG is not an exact copy of the BHP and most of the dimensional variations are seen in and around the grip frame of the gun. So if they don't totally match up to the FN or BHP, then it's a forgery, and most likely a FEG forgery.

JayPee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts