Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an early Browning Hi-Power which has a holster and two magazines. The pistol serial number is stampted on the spare magazine pouch of the holster. The two magazines are not serial numbered. What do I have, Police weapon ? No other extra markings on the pistol like Austria did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, don't have the equipment to post photo's, here is some more information that might help you to help me.
The pistol has the early desige, thumb print, ect. The serial number is 55640 on the slide, frame and inner left side of the barrel. Common proofs in the ejection port, 9 m/m P.
Slide:
FABRIQUE NATIONALE D"ARMES DE GUERRE
HERSTAL BELGIQE
BROWNING's PATENT DEPOSE.
The two magazines are matched and early type with the button is the center of the base, alum folllowers. No serial numbers.
The holster is black molded flap type with the pistol serial number stamped in the spair mag pouch of the holster.
Is there any thing else short of photos you need ?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
It sounds like one of the early post-war period West German Polizei pistols from your holster discription (more than anything else.) Charles (cpw) is the real authority.

Are there belt loops of metal loops (1 or 2) on the back of the holster to hang it? Does it close with a single tab from the flap or two tabs from the holster body?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The belt loops on the back are two leather loops, the front strap in is on the holster body going up-wards, goes though a leather strap on the flap, then to the lug.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Is there a pouch for a spare magazine? What does the lug that secures the flap closing strap look like? Also, is the holster body form-fit (like a WWII luger/P-38 holster) or a pouch type similar to the US military issue 1911 flap holster?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. pouch for spare magazine and form fitted to the browning hi power, lug has stem and a button top.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
It sounds more and more like the German post-war police and border guard holster, which circumstanitially confirms my opinion that it is a post-war German gun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts