Handguns and Ammunition Forum banner

Browning BDA or Beretta 84

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  spike 
#1 ·
I've seen some really good prices on the Browning BDA.
With DPX .380 on the way this might be a neat little pistol to own.

The Beretta 84 is a really good looking pistol.

I know both are made by Beretta.

Has anyone shot both? If so, does one funtion, recoil and/or feel better than the other.

It just seems that a heavy .380 might be a nice pistol for a lady.

#2 ·
Hello. It's been a while since I shot either version of these Beretta manufactured pistols. As I recall, the one marked Beretta has that company's signature open barrel while the Browning marked version has a tradtional ejection port. The latter has a slide-mounted thumb safety and small fixed sights while the Beretta 84 offers a frame mounted safety that allows for cocked and locked carry if desired. As I recall, the Beretta's fixed sights are a tad larger.

Either should perform flawlessly, but I'd opt for the Beretta marked version.

Best.

#3 ·
Hi Adguy,

I'm a little late responding, but I'll add my input anyway.

I like my Beretta 84 "Cheetah". It's ever so slightly large-for-caliber, so it's a sweet shooter. The BDA, though a nice gun, feels a bit too bulky for me in heft. The Beretta seems more "streamlined".

-S

G
#4 ·
Gents,

Go with the Beretta 84/85/86 series. Purchased my wife an nickel M84 about ten years ago. In that time it has never had a stoppage. I've even got the little rascal to feed resized empty cases!
The only downside is that you can get small 9mm/.40's/.45 in a package about the same size, nowadays. Anyof the calibers above will get you through the night.

Wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.